To be considered for a place at The Purcell School, you must first apply.
All candidates must complete the School’s application form. This is available as a downloadable PDF or as an interactive PDF. Applications can be received by post or email.
A printed application form must be returned to the Registrar with a £35 application fee and a written recommendation from the applicant’s instrumental teacher(s). We ask that any overseas candidates include evidence of a recent performance, be this in the form of a YouTube link or similar.
Please make all cheques payable to ‘The Purcell School’.
Applications can be made by emailing the completed application form to the Registrar. To submit an application by email, the £35 registration fee must be paid through the website and the applicant’s written recommendation attached. We require overseas applicants to provide YouTube footage or Sound Cloud recordings of a recent performance for consideration.
The application deadline is 31st March 2020. Applications received by 31st March 2020 will be guaranteed an audition, provided that criteria for shortlisting are met.
Later applications may be considered, but remaining audition spaces will be very limited and cannot be guaranteed.
Late applications will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances.
Applications are considered as they come in, and there are many advantages in applying early in the process. Candidates are assessed in relation to their age and potential at time of audition, so there is no advantage in waiting to audition later in the year.
Please direct any queries about the application process to the School Registrar, Ms Karen Eldridge on email@example.com or 01923 331107.
To be considered for a place at The Purcell School please complete the application form below.
Please return this completed application form together with:
- a non-returnable application fee of £35 paid by cheque or online – click here to pay online
- a written recommendation from the applicant’s music teacher(s)
- and, for overseas applicants only, evidence of a recent performance, be this in the form of a YouTube link or similar
to The Purcell School by post to Ms Karen Eldridge, The Registrar, The Purcell School, Aldenham Road, Bushey, Hertfordshire WD23 2TS, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, if using Google Chrome to complete the application form:
- Fill out your PDF. Click a text field in the PDF and type in your answer, then repeat with the PDF’s other text fields until you’ve filled out the whole PDF
- In the top right corner, there will be a ‘Print’ button (or use Ctrl+P)
- Once the ‘print’ pop up window has appeared, change the printing ‘Destination’ to ‘Save as PDF’