To be considered for a place at The Purcell School, you must first apply.
All candidates must complete the School’s application form. This is available as a downloadable PDF or as an interactive PDF. Applications can be received by post, email or online.
A printed application form must be returned to the Registrar with a £35 application fee and a written recommendation from the applicant’s instrumental teacher(s). We ask that any overseas candidates include evidence of a recent performance, be this in the form of a YouTube link or similar.
Please make all cheques payable to ‘The Purcell School’.
Applications can made by emailing the completed application form to the Registrar or through the online active entry form. To submit an application by email or online, the £35 registration fee must be paid through the website and the applicant’s written recommendation attached. We require overseas applicants to provide YouTube footage or Sound Cloud recordings of a recent performance for consideration.
Auditions finish in March for students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for financial support under the Music and Dance Scheme.
Please note that boarding places in particular have often been filled by the end of March, and candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible in the School year.
Applications are considered in the order they are received.
To be considered for a place at The Purcell School please complete the application form below.
Please return this completed application form together with:
- a non-returnable application fee of £35 paid by cheque or online – click here to pay online
- a written recommendation from the applicant’s music teacher(s)
- and, for overseas applicants only, evidence of a recent performance, be this in the form of a YouTube link or similar
to The Purcell School by post to Ms Karen Eldridge, The Registrar, The Purcell School, Aldenham Road, Bushey, Hertfordshire WD23 2TS, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, if using Google Chrome to complete the application form:
- Fill out your PDF. Click a text field in the PDF and type in your answer, then repeat with the PDF’s other text fields until you’ve filled out the whole PDF
- In the top right corner, there will be a ‘Print’ button (or use Ctrl+P)
- Once the ‘print’ pop up window has appeared, change the printing ‘Destination’ to ‘Save as PDF’