The mission of The Purcell School is to provide young musicians who demonstrate the potential to become exceptional (irrespective of background) with outstanding teaching within a supportive school environment and to equip them with the self-confidence, adaptability, maturity and perspective to sustain their professional development and personal fulfilment throughout their lives.
- To sustain a safe, happy and healthy environment in which all can flourish musically, academically and emotionally.
- To deliver outstanding musical and academic education.
- To provide a range of high-profile and developmental performance opportunities.
- To deliver personalised pastoral care and support so that the individual needs of each student are met.
- To provide access to musical opportunity and widen participation in areas where this is especially difficult.
- Maintain (as far as is practically possible) open access by admitting students solely on their ability, not according to financial means.