In order to do this, they have had to prepare and demonstrate high levels of personal arts development and extension, community work, arts management and advanced project leadership skills. It is a very high achievement at this level, as for the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
The Gold Arts Award is worth 35 UCAS points for successful students. The Purcell School has been part of a pilot scheme organised by the Royal Opera House Bridge programme, Trinity and the Arts Council.
Successful pupils are:
Zanete Petersone (Upper 6th)
John Bae (Upper 6th)
Ruth Dingle (Lower 6th)
Stephanie Edwards (Lower 6th)
Jessica Lee (Lower 6th)
Sophia Alexandra (Lower 6th)
Sam Every (Year 10)
The Arts Award is...
• a great way for young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
• offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award
• a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
• an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
• a link between young people and creative arts professionals
For more information about Arts Award, see www.artsaward.org.uk