Nurturing the Next Generation of Musicians
The mission of The Purcell School is to provide exceptionally gifted young musicians (irrespective of background) with outstanding teaching within a supportive school environment and to equip them with the self-confidence, adaptability, maturity and perspective to sustain their professional development and personal fulfilment throughout their lives.
The principal aims of The Purcell School are:
- To sustain a safe, happy and healthy environment in which all can flourish musically, academically and emotionally
- To deliver outstanding musical and academic education
- To provide a range of high-profile and developmental performance opportunities
- To deliver personalised pastoral care and support so that the individual needs of each student are met
- Maintain (as far as is practically possible) open access by admitting students solely on the ability, not according to financial means.